June 9, 2021 marks five years since the new Lake Oswego Tigard water system started providing high-quality drinking water to almost 100,000 customers throughout Lake Oswego and Tigard!
Here are six things to know and celebrate about this successful partnership:
- Water quality has improved with a state-of-the-art treatment system.
- Through partnering together, both cities saved millions of dollars for customers.
- The Lake Oswego Tigard Water Project was the largest public works project in our cities’ histories.
- Our water system meets the most modern seismic standards for long-term resiliency and increases emergency water supply reliability through regional intertie connections.
- Our Water Treatment Plant eliminates emerging pathogens/viruses, like COVID-19, from the water supply.
- Our water system provides reliable, consistently high-quality drinking water from the Clackamas River—all for about a penny per gallon.
Let’s celebrate securing our most valuable resource for our cities’ future: investing in public health and preparing our cities for the long-term.